Thursday, December 10, 2009

The art on this blog




The pictures above are some of the 3d schematics of buildings from the Columbian Exposition of 1893. All were created in the Lightwave 3d program which I use as a freelance artist and teacher. My interest in the Columbian Exposition started after reading the book Devil in the White City, which I highly recommend, its a great read. I undertook the building of the "Court of Honor" a small section of the massive fair, and its taken me many years to work it to its present state. It is still quite unfinished and will probably take several more years before its complete. I decided to use the art for this blog because the fair so clearly represented the era of growing monopolies and big buisness. Many of the big tycoons were represented at the fair, Carnegie, Edison, McCormick, Krupps, and many others. So the setting fit the monopoly theme.





This shot is of the actual Court Of Honor
For more pictures of the fair go here  http://columbus.gl.iit.edu/ theres an extensive library of images and info.


No comments:

Post a Comment